There are a number of situations where you would not want a page indexed, for example:
- Pages that duplicate content on other sites may need to be hidden. Having duplicate content may cause penalty to your ranks and hiding this page will prevent it from being indexed.
- Some people have setup a hidden page on there site with private downloads for buyers, sellers etc. to further insure this pages is not accidentally stumbled upon adding the no index robots tag can help hide private users download pages and engines
- As you build or design a complex group of pages or page you may wish to prevent these from being index whilst under construction.
To hide a page from search engines:
- Sign in to your Point2 account at login.point2.com
- Click Websites from the top menu
- Click Agent Site
- Click Edit in the Agent Site section
- Choose the page that you want to hide from search engines
- Click the Page Settings link from the top
- Check the Meta Robots: No Index box
- Click OK to save changes