In conjunction with placing your brand, location and distinctive content throughout your website, you also need to customize your meta information. The combination of the content on your website and the matching meta information is what search engines review in order to determine your ranking. Each page on your website has a customizable section for meta descriptions and meta keywords.
To modify a page name or search engine information:
- Sign in to your Point2 account login.point2.com
- Click Websites from the top menu
- Click Agent Site
- Click Edit next to the website needed
- From the Current Page drop down, select the page you want to edit
- Click Page Settings at the top of the page
- Page Name: Enter the name of the page to be displayed in your website menu
- Page Title: Enter the text to be displayed in the title bar of the browser used to view your site.
- Meta Description: Use this text box to set the descriptive text which will appear in the listing for your site in search engine results lists (e.g., a brief description of the services and products you offer, as well as your location)
- Meta Keywords: Use this textbox to create a list of terms and phrases which search engines will use to find and rank your site. The keywords you choose should accurately describe your services, features, products, and location (e.g., real estate for sale, listings for sale in [coverage area], mortgage services). Your site will appear in the results list of searches for those terms/phrases
- Meta Robots: To Hide/Unhide your page from Search Engines check\uncheck the No index check box
- HTML Tag Editor: The information contained in the <Head> section of your website tells search engines about what your website contains in terms of content, formatting. Don't place anything in this area unless you are certain it belongs there.
- Click OK to save your changes