In order to send emails to prospects from your Point2 account, they must first give consent and opt-in. This includes receiving campaigns, listing notifiers and home evaluations. Due to spam laws, all prospects manually added or imported to your account will not receive emails unless they have opted-in. On prospects pages an email opt-in column will include a yes or no to let you know which prospects have consented to receive emails.
Prospects can opt-in to receive emails one of two ways:
- Prospects that are created through the forms on your website will have an optional checkbox to receive additional information via email. This will automatically opt them in to email correspondence through your Point2 account. Prospects can unsubscribe at anytime.
- If a prospect has not filled out a website form to give consent but you have received their consent through other means, you can manually opt them in by following these steps:
- Sign into your Point2 account at www.point2.com
- Click Prospects from the top menu
- Click View Prospects
- Click the pencil icon to edit the prospect
- Check the Email Opt-In box
- Click OK
You may be in violation of local spam laws if you send emails to prospects who have not given consent to opt-in and will be responsible for consequences of violating any local spam laws in your area.