You can keep track of domain names and their expiration dates in the Manage Domains area in your Point2 account. This is the most accurate way to find information regarding the expiration date of your registered domain names. Here's how to locate the Manage Domains area in your Point2 account:
- Sign in to your Point2 account at mydomains.point2.com
- The domains that are pointing and have been purchased will show in a list
- If the domain was purchased through Point2 there will be a Registrar Information link next to the domain in the status column
- If it's only pointing to your website and was purchased outside of Point2, there is no Registrar Information link to click in the status column
If the domain name was registered through your Point2 account, you will receive emails notifying you that your domain name is going to expire. You will receive an email at 21, 14 and 7 days prior to the domains expiration date. Below you can find the expiration timelines that follow after the domain expired:
- Day 4 and 12: additional expiration notifications are sent via e-mail and you can manually renew your domain in your account
- Day 19: domain is on hold but becomes subject to redemption fee which costs additional $80, but you can manually recover your expired domain name
- Day 26: domain is put up for domain name auction, you can manually recover it or place a bid on the domain through auction
- Day 30: domain is no longer available to renew/recover in your account but you can place a bid on it through auction
Also, if your domain name is set to expire within the next 30 days you will receive a system message at the top of your account when signed in.
For domain names that are registered with another registration company, you will need to contact that company directly to obtain the correct expiration date or further information about your domain name.