To change the email address on file for your domain name administrative contact information, you will first need to login to the domain management panel.
Step 1 - Sign into your Domain Management Panel
- Sign in to your Point2 account at mydomains.point2.com
- Click the blue Registrar Information link to the right of your domain
- The customer # on the screen is used to sign in. Your password was emailed to you upon purchase of the domain. If you do not have the password, there is a reset it here link below your customer # where you can set the password.
- To login to your domain control center, click on the Wild West Domains account management panel link at the top of the page
- Enter your Customer # and password (you may be asked to create a 4-digit PIN in order to proceed)
The most common view is the "Card View" and this is the view which will be covered in this guide. To ensure you are in card view, click the button represented as 4 squares, highlighted below:
NOTE: If you are planning to transfer the domain, and need to update your contact information for the domain name please DO NOT update the registrant contact information, as this will place an automatic 60-day hold on your domain name and prevent it from being transferred during this period.
Step 2 - Update the Administrative Contact Information
To update your administrative contact information:
- Click the settings gear on the domain that you are looking to update.
- Select "Domain Settings"
- Scroll down to the "Contact Information" section within the domain you're planning to transfer
- At the top of this module it asks you to "Use for all contact types"... DO NOT SELECT THIS BOX. Doing so will place the domain on a 60-day hold.
- Click the Administrative tab to update the information for the administrative contact only
- Make the relevant changes to the Administrative contacts and then click "Save"
You can update all contact types only if you are not planning to transfer the domain within the next 60 days. You will also need to ensure you have access to the Administrative and Registrant email addresses to confirm the changes.
If you do not receive the e-mails to confirm your changes, please reference this article:
Note: If the domain displays "Pending Update" you will need to wait for the changes to take place. Please check your e-mail addresses for any confirmation e-mails. This includes checking the "Registrant" e-mail address, which was not updated during the above steps.