Step 1 - Sign into your Domain Management Panel
- Sign in to your Point2 account at mydomains.point2.com
- Click the blue Registrar Information link to the right of your domain
- The customer # on the screen is used to sign in. Your password was emailed to you upon purchase of the domain. If you do not have the password, there is a reset it here link below your customer # where you can set the password.
- To login to your domain control centre, click on the GoDaddy account management panel link at the top of the page
- Enter your Customer # and password (you may be asked to create a 4-digit PIN in order to proceed)
The most common view is the "Card View" and this is the view which will be covered in this guide. To ensure you are in card view, click the button represented as 4 squares, highlighted below:
You will now need to follow the instructions provided below, to unlock and initiate the transfer for your domain.
Step 2 - Unlock the Domain
- Click the settings gear on the domain that you are looking to update.
- Select "Domain Settings"
- Scroll down until you reach "Additional Settings"
- You will now see if your domain lock is on or off. If it is set "On", select the "Edit" link
- Toggle the switch to "Off" and the page will automatically refresh
- Once you do this, you will notice a message which informs you that some features may be unavailable during the updates. This will take around 1 - 3 minutes, and after this, you will be able to make additional changes.
Under normal circumstances, Point2 recommends keeping your domain name locked at all times. Locking prevents unauthorized changes to your domain. It also prevents the domain from being transferred to another registrar without your consent. You may lock or unlock your domain at any time.