In order to transfer your domain name to another registrar, you will need to request the transfer from the company you choose. You can prepare your domain name in your current domain account with us for the transfer by unlocking it. Also, you will need to request the authorization code for your domain name to be emailed to you. You should confirm the administrative contact information for your domain name as this is the email address that will be used to send you all the necessary codes to transfer your domain name.
You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
• Registering or transferring a domain name
• Updating the registrant contact's organization
• Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
Step 1 - Sign into your Domain Management Panel
- Sign in to your Point2 account at mydomains.point2.com
- Click the blue Registrar Information link to the right of your domain
- Both the the customer # and the password for your domain are available on this page
- To login to your domain control center, click on the GoDaddy account management panel link at the top of the page
- Enter your Customer # and password (you may be asked to create a 4-digit PIN in order to proceed)
The most common view is the "Card View" and this is the view which will be covered in this guide. To ensure you are in card view, click the button represented as 4 squares, highlighted below:
You will now need to follow the instructions provided below, to unlock and initiate the transfer for your domain.
Step 2 - Unlock the Domain
- Click the settings gear on the domain that you are looking to update.
- Select "Domain Settings"
- Scroll down until you reach "Additional Settings"
- You will now see if your domain lock is on or off. If it is set "On", select the "Edit" link
- Toggle the switch to "Off" and the page will automatically refresh
- Once you do this, you will notice a message which informs you that some features may be unavailable during the updates. This will take around 1 - 3 minutes, and after this, you will be able to make additional changes.
Under normal circumstances, Point2 recommends keeping your domain name locked at all times. Locking prevents unauthorized changes to your domain. It also prevents the domain from being transferred to another registrar without your consent. You may lock or unlock your domain at any time.
Step 3 - Update administrative contact information
NOTE: If you need to update your contact information for the domain name please DO NOT update the registrant, technical or billing contact information, as this will place an automatic 60-day hold on your domain name and prevent it from being transferred during this period.
To update your administrative contact information:
- Scroll up to the "Contact Information" section within the domain you're planning to transfer
- At the top of this module it asks you to "Use for all contact types"... DO NOT SELECT THIS BOX. Doing so will place the domain on a 60-day hold.
- Click the Administrative tab to update the information for the administrative contact only
- Make the relevant changes to the Administrative contacts and then click "Save"
- ONLY update the Administrative information. If you update the registrant, technical or billing info, it will place a 60-day hold on the transfer and slow down your transfer process.
- Check that the email address under the administrative tab is an email address you have access to and click OK
Note: If the domain displays "Pending Update" you will need to wait for the changes to take place. Please check your e-mail addresses for any confirmation e-mails. This includes checking the "Registrant" e-mail address, which was not updated during the above steps.
Step 4 - Request the Authorization Code
- Now scroll back down to the "Additional Settings" section, next to the part where you turned of the domain lock.
- Select Transfer domain away from Point2 on the right side of the page.
- Click Continue on the Transfer Away page
- You'll now be able to view the Authorization Code and an email containing the information you need will be sent to the administrative email address on file for that domain name
Step 5 - Contact your new registrar
- When you contact the other registrar you will need to provide them with the authorization code that you received in your email from Point2
Please keep in mind that you can always give us a call 866-977-1777 at any time in the transfer and we can help you out with what needs to be done next.
Any e-mail accounts associated with this domain will stop working once you transferred the domain away. You will need to discuss these options with your new registrar.
If you do not receive the e-mails, please reference this article: Click Here